[Gllug] [OT] Support model for Linux vs M$

j.roberts j.roberts at stabilys.com
Thu Mar 12 22:20:06 UTC 2009

- Tethys wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Matthew King <matthew.king at monnsta.net> wrote:
>> so I must ask - what do sage/quickbooks do that gnucash doesn't?
> http://lwn.net/Articles/313925/

So, and very interesting. I'm in full agreement.

One way IMHO to enable the environment for a move is to insist that MS
publish ALL the details of its interfaces so that Wine et al can work
properly. It already does an often-impressive job.

But IMHO there will *always* be vertical market applications that are
devloped on Win and that need to continue to be used - until such time
as FLOSS has more seats than Win, and that could be a way off yet.

--

James Roberts
Stabilys.com
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk