[Gllug] Replacement SATA disk naming

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Thu Mar 5 15:27:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 03:07:09PM +0000, Alain wrote:

> I created links sda* -> sdc* .... but the mirroring stuff looks through that
> to the device numbers:
> 'mdadm --query --detail /dev/md0' reports:

Are you sure it's tied to the device numbers of the underlying devices?
I thought it put a superblock into each device which uniqely identifies
each device in each array.  This should survive a reboot.

You could test that by removing and reconnecting the drive again ;)

--
Bruce

If the universe were simple enough to be understood, we would be too
simple to understand it.