[Gllug] RSI: Was VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Mon Mar 2 14:28:43 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 02:10:50PM -0000, James wrote:
> As an aside, I went out and bought a logitech trackball on friday because
> the shitty mouse that my client supplied me with was starting to ache.
> Aside from the very annoying lack of a scrollwheel substitute (scrolling
> is roll to the scrollbar, click, roll, unclick), it's a much more workable
> thing.
>
> But about that missing scrolling functionality...

How did you manage to buy a logitech trackball without a wheel?  I
didn't think they made those any more.  TBH, I miss the old trackmans
with 3 big buttons and no wheel - took me a while to get used to the
ones with a clickable wheel in place of the middle button.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-TrackMan-Marble-Wheel-Mac/dp/B00004L8IG

Or did you buy one of these monsters?

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Optical-Marble-Mouse-USB/dp/B00005T406/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_2

In which case I'm surprisedyou get any use out of it at all.

--
Bruce

Explota!: miles de lemmings no pueden estar equivocados.