[Gllug] Which architecture?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Mon May 4 10:38:56 UTC 2009

Joel Bernstein wrote:
[snip]
> As far as I can tell, none of your statements above are correct. I
> think the BBC generally have been pretty good about providing open-
> platform-friendly versions of the iPlayer.

I was wrong about RealPlayer (muddling up iPlayer and Listen Again) but
I have to dispute the "pretty good about providing
open-platform-friendly versions of the iPlayer".  I gave up trying to
use iPlayer some time ago because the Beeb were so openly hostile to
anyone trying to use anything other than Windows.  My information on
that front was merely out of date.

I'm delighted to find they've fixed their previous appalling position,
but let's not forget how badly behaved they were to begin with and what
an outcry it caused.

John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk