[Gllug] OpenMoko Neo Freerunner

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat May 9 13:33:05 UTC 2009

On 8 May 2009, Alain Williams spake thusly:

> On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 02:18:53PM +0100, Nix wrote:
>
>> That *very* much depends what you expect your editor to be capable of.
>> I know I consider ed, um, substandard.
>
> As a line editor: ed is very good.

As long as you want to edit a single line at a time, don't ever want to
see lots of stuff at once, never want to deal with things except on a
strictly line-by-line basis...

... but I tend to edit much larger chunks than that at once, and without
syntax highlighting and the ability to see many files simultaneously
things get very difficult.

Emacs provides that. vim does. ed, not so much. I actually prefer to use
sed -i in extremis: that's how nasty I think ed is.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk