[Gllug] Top ten dangerous technologies

Iain M Conochie iain at shihad.org
Thu May 14 16:06:30 UTC 2009

John Hearns wrote:
> http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2241965/top-dangerous-technologies
>
> At number 10? Linux!

WRONG!

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2241965/top-dangerous-technologies?page=2

10. Videoconferencing

Shall I call this FUD or just an honest mistake ;)
<snip>
>  Hasta la
> Vista Baby.
>

> What a load of absolute FUD.
> "Free software works, never doubt that. But commercial software pays
> the bills a lot faster, and there are millions of people who depend on
> it for their next paycheck. I fear for them sometimes, envisaging
> times when people will hold cardboard signs up in the streets reading
> 'Will debug Windows for food.' "
Viva La Revolution more like. Looking forward to the day I can chuck my
old colleagues "£1 for a cup of tea" cos they were found out to know not
very much about computers.

Now perhaps I am being a bit too Anarchist about this, but at the end of
the day dangerous technologies do not necessarily mean BAD technologies.
They do mean techs that have the power to overwhelm society. So I guess
it depends on yoru viewpoint. At least I will not be up against the wall
come the revolution :)

Iain
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk