[Gllug] Delaying X startup at boot

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Fri May 8 11:59:58 UTC 2009

For reference, if no-one understood what I was talking about (and that
is nothing new)
On SuSE Linux look in /etc/sysconfig/network/config

You can set MANDATORY_DEVICES to any device which must be up before proceeding,
(as the documentation says the system itself fills this list in by default)
and also set the time for WAIT_FOR_INTERFACES to be longer than the
default 30 seconds.
You might have a very busy network and can't get that dhcp lease
within 30 seconds or have some other network funnies.

You can also set the time which a system waits for the root hard drive
to become available, and I've had to do that in the past!
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk