[Gllug] Top ten dangerous technologies

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu May 14 14:53:21 UTC 2009

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2241965/top-dangerous-technologies

At number 10? Linux!  Hell, its not even as dangerous as robotic weapons.
So - in an Terminator vs. Tux fight, put your money on Arnie. Hasta la
Vista Baby.

What a load of absolute FUD.
"Free software works, never doubt that. But commercial software pays
the bills a lot faster, and there are millions of people who depend on
it for their next paycheck. I fear for them sometimes, envisaging
times when people will hold cardboard signs up in the streets reading
'Will debug Windows for food.' "

Yet again, confusing Free and in Spech with Free as in Beer.
And don't we have several people on this very list who work for Redhat
- a company which makes a decent living from free software, thankyou
very much.
(Not sure if there is anyone from Novell/SuSE).
And let's not forget there are plenty of people being paid in London
to work on LAMP software.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk