[Gllug] wicd manager

damion.yates at gmail.com damion.yates at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 13:27:16 UTC 2009

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009, damion.yates at gmail.com wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Nov 2009, lucypeters at mail.com wrote:
>
> > > I'm not sure what has changed, this worked before. You emailed pings
> > > from linux showing eth1 with an ip (dhcp gained), able to ping the
> > > wifi router.
>
> If you've unplugged the physical cable, and told wicd to try and use
> eth1/wireless you have to give it a moment to pick up the IP.  If you
> want to use non dynamic, then you need to set an IP in the 192.168.0.x
> range, something like 192.168.0.101.

Have you tried this?

You definitely emailed us diagnostics with eth1 having an ip and able to
ping the wifi router.  This is now the _only_ thing not working.  Using
the Linux laptop admin tools, perhaps via wicd, you may be able to get
this working with manual settings for the ip as mentioned above.  If it
doesn't work, check the wifi settings, signal strength etc in wicd.
Also perhaps use sudo tcpdump -i eth1

Damion
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk