[Gllug] wicd manager

damion.yates at gmail.com damion.yates at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 16:58:11 UTC 2009

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, lucypeters at mail.com wrote:

> When I tried to connect with the wireless router, it treats as a Spook
> Attack
>
> Nov/04/2009 22:25:00
>
> Spoof Attack fromd MAC(00-00-f0-71-c3-41) Detect,

This is the MAC address of your eth0 (physical network connection) on
the laptop.

If you're seeing this while trying to use the wifi, then it indicates
it's getting on the network to a degree, just need to work out what IPs
stuff has.  The cable router will be some 10.something wifi router
should be 81.something on the WAN and 192.168.0.1 on its LAN, and the PC
should be 192.168.0.101 or something like that (ideally gaiend via dhcp,
but that didn't seem to work).

Can you look up these addresses? (wifi router via web interface, eth1 using
ifconfig on the laptop).

This is definitely with the eth0 (physical cable) unplugged?

Do you have another laptop connected to the wifi router via wifi or
cable?

> How can I get a MAC address that able to
>    get an IP from the DHCP server to online ?

I'm not sure I understand the question.

Damion
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk