[Gllug] Windows XP 64 bit password reset from Ubuntu - where is the equivalent of SAM?

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Sun Nov 8 23:30:10 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 23:12 +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> recover XP passwords is "ophcrack".

I've just downloaded and burned that and it failed to boot, so better
try again (yeah one more beermat). However, as it talks about "SAM"
files I suspect that it only works with 32 bit not x64 - did the
computers you recovered have x64 on them?

It will take about an hour to download so I will leave it until tomorrow
seeing what the hour now is, but if you see this message before I burn a
new disk and hope for better luck without error on booting it...

"Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever in a finite
world is either a madman or an economist."
Kenneth Boulding, Economist.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk