[Gllug] VACANCY: Southern Records is looking for an experienced network administrator to do some consulting

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 1 21:09:24 UTC 2009

2009/10/1 Damon Allen Davison <allolex at gmail.com>:

> I have to say, I really like IRIX 6.5 and it's the OS equivalent of an
> underground salt bed in terms of stability for equally decrepit applications
> (the secret reason why we still use it). And XFS is awe-inspiringly good.

I believe if I'm not wrong that Irix 6.5 is still under support - ie.
you can get support from SGI for it, and people are still using it -
for instance in air traffic control and flight simulators.
My myself, I used to manage Irix 6.5 systems in the animation/post
production field, and really enjoyed it.

XFS is of course alive and doing very well in Linux-land.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk