[Gllug] Kit to sell for charity

Iain Gray iain.dv at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 22 15:01:16 UTC 2009

Hi All

My workplace have given me a whole load of kit to donate to a charity
I support, some of which they can use, but most is just no good for
them so I am looking to sell it on for them.

Some of it is just older Dell workstations which are ok dual CPU but
3+ years old and I'll put the list up here when I get it see if anyone
in interested in making an offer.

The main thing I was seeking advice/offers on was 7 IBM HS100 Blade
chassis servers. These are the 7U chassis with all the integrated
gubbins and each populated with 10x blades.

The blade servers are all
dual CPU (2.4Xeon or 2.8Xeon)
2x 40GB drive
4GB Ram

The chassis all have GB switches with management ILOS, etc

2 Questions:

1. Anyone interested in making me an offer for 1 or more of them?
2. Anyone know where I might get a good price for them?

The charity is Foal Farm Animal Sanctuary, but anyone who buys stuff
from this sale I'll happily donate some of the money to any nominated
charity.
Obviously my company doesn't want to be responsible for the kit with
any warranty so they are giving them to the charity (via me) to sell
on. This means they come with no warranty, but certainly worth an
offer, and I can vouch that they worked when we removed them.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk