[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun Sep 13 13:56:00 UTC 2009

On 10 Sep 2009, Christopher Hunter uttered the following:
> No.  Historically, I had mortgages and bank loans.  I worked hard to pay
> off my mortgage(s) early as soon as the Westminster criminals removed
> income tax relief on them.

So here you are complaining about the reduction of a government subsidy
on housing...

> If I didn't have to contribute for the benefit of the workshy, if I
> didn't have to pay for the inefficiencies of the NHS, if I didn't have
> to pay over-inflated prices for infrastructure projects and support a
> largely ineffectual government bureaucracy, my tax burden would be much
> lighter, and I would actually feel quite content that the level of
> taxation was appropriate.

... and here you are complaining about the existence of government
(unless it is perfectly efficient, because of course all other human
institutions are so much more efficient than it is!)

I spy a contradiction.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk