[Gllug] Web based mail clients

damion.yates at gmail.com damion.yates at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 17:05:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009, pavithran wrote:

> 2009/9/28 Jason Clifford <jason at ukfsn.org>:
> > What are your requirements?
>
> Something which looks as cute as gmail and is FOSS.  I would love it
> if it has in built jabber client .. but I know I am hoping too much :D

Is it just religious reasons not to use the gmail webmail interface?  It
provides a Jabber client, and if you're using the free apps for your
domain, you still get username at anythingyoulike.ext but with the UI you
seem to like.

Personally I don't use the UI and stick with IMAP with (al)pine and
bitlbee in to talk.google.com for my personal domain.  I have the
options of always being able to access my email via SSL too, plus it's
all completely free.

Damion
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk