[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Mon Sep 7 13:11:06 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 13:51 +0100, Alain Williams wrote:
> One University lecturer who I know is teaching a database course, most of it on MS access.
> A bit of MS SQL -- I suggested MySQL (which he doesn't know) and was told that it
> is not what they would ever want to know. (or something).

So the lecturer is an idiot. That doesn't mean he is running a MS
accreditation programme.

That degrees are not perfect isn't news. That people are likely to be
using the dominant desktop platform should not surprise anyone either.
Still none of those things mean that vendor specific accreditation is
suitable for inclusion as credit in a degree programme.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk