[Gllug] Test gigabit LAN between Fedora 12 and Snow Leopard

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Fri Apr 30 12:27:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 10:39:31PM +0100, Tethys wrote:
> Surely you jest. I've never yet found a machine where ethtool
> (or mii-tool before it, for that matter) gave anything like a
> realistic answer...

It does work for me, on machines that I have available.  But on the
other hand, it also requires the driver to directly support the ioctl
(the wonderfully named SIOCETHTOOL).  For example, see
drivers/net/e1000e/ethtool.c:e1000_get_settings.  Some drivers don't
support this.  For supported Red Hat on hardware that we specify
please file a bug!

Rich.

--
Richard Jones