[Gllug] VACANCY: Linux System Administrator

Steve Harris steve.harris at garlik.com
Mon Feb 22 20:34:52 UTC 2010

Apologies to those who've already seen this on the LinuxJobs list.
There's a little more detail in here.

Garlik, the online identity company, is seeking to recruit a Linux
sysadmin. Garlik's infrastructure consists of around one hundred
x86-64 machines running CentOS 5, along with Cisco switches and
firewalls. You will be taking responsibility for the management and
maintenance of these machines, so experience of Linux system
administration is required.

All our servers run Linux, and our software stack is based on Free
Software, including Apache, MySQL, Jetty, Perl, and PHP. You will be
responsible for the core business systems (web, mail etc.), our
financial service web application, and a number of experimental
software systems.

Ideally candidates would have experience of Ethernet networking,
Sendmail, Apache, a DHCP server, an IMAP server, and a firewall.

You will become part of an entrepreneurial team based in Garlik's
Richmond-upon-Thames offices, supporting a number of business critical
systems. We are a customer focused, technology driven business and we
are particularly proud of our work in the semantic technology arena,
Garlik has built two large scale clustered RDF stores, one of which is
now available under the GPLv3.

Salary will be in the region of £35k, depending on experience. The
office is in Richmond, about 20 mins from Waterloo, you will be
expected to work from the office most days.

Garlik has offices in London and New York and is expanding into
continental Europe and Asia. It counts Sir Tim Berners-Lee amongst its
advisors and is backed by three of the UK’s leading blue chip
investment firms, Doughty Hanson Technology Ventures, Encore/DFJ
Esprit and Noble Venture Finance.

If you would like to find out more, please contact me by email.

- Steve Harris, Chief Technology Officer.

--
Steve Harris, Garlik Limited
2 Sheen Road, Richmond, TW9 1AE, UK
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk