[Gllug] Acrobat-like pdf editor for Linux ?

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Mon May 17 13:36:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 1:20 PM,  <salsaman at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Is there a pdf editing program for Linux which has equivalent features to
> Acrobat which will let me edit the form ?

You can use acrobat reader itself under Linux. If you're looking for
an open source option, pdftk can non-interfactively fill in forms via
a response file, but it's a clumsy option. Also, I've used xournal,
which doesn't fill in PDF forms, but does let you annotate arbitrary PDF
files, so it even works with PDF files that don't explicitly have form
fields. It is, however, another clumsy option, and I wouldn't recommend
it for anything but occasional use.

If there's a better open source option, I'd love to hear about it.

Tet

--
“It seems intuitively obvious to me, which means that it might be
wrong.” -- Chris Torek
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk