[Gllug] Suitable Laptop for Ubuntu

Matthew Smith indigojo at blogistan.co.uk
Fri Oct 1 11:37:39 UTC 2010

On 01/10/10 11:51, Mick Farmer wrote:
> Dear GLLUGers,
>
> The subject says it all.  Any recommendations gratefully
> received.

I've been using a Dell Inspiron 6400 for nearly three years (since Dec
2007), mostly with versions of Ubuntu.  The only problem is that Lucid's
Broadcom wireless support is flaky (it often takes several tries to
connect, although it stays up once connected).  This wasn't true in
Karmic and I haven't tried it in Maverick yet.  But everything else
works fairly well, and they were the only company, as far as I knew,
that said outright that their warranty was still honoured if you
installed Linux.

Matt

--

http://www.blogistan.co.uk/blog/