[Gllug] how reliable is netcraft?

James Roberts j.roberts at stabilys.com
Mon Dec 5 13:26:51 UTC 2011

On 05/12/11 11:16, John Levin wrote:

> As preparation for a job interview tomorrow, I checked my prospective
> employer's website against netcraft.com. The results indicate that they
> are running a very outdated version of their CMS. I am now wondering how
> to raise this in my interview.

Don't unless they ask. I want clever staff but not pushy clever staff :)
Unless the post is for web security!

Some companies would interpret your actions in a very negative way. Of
course, you probably would not want to work for them so it could be
self-correcting!

There may be a very good reason why they are running the version they
are running, if Netcraft is correct.

If not, and you get the job, - that is the time to ask.

> My first concern is that netcraft may not be entirely accurate. How much
> faith should I put in their results?

I have found it reasonably reliable on sites where I know the answer.

--
Stabilys Ltd		www.stabilys.com
244 Kilburn Lane

0845 838 5370