[Gllug] short term intro courses to Linux

Thu Dec 1 19:59:07 UTC 2011

On 26/11/2011 01:34, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 11/26/2011 01:06 AM, Steve Parker wrote:
>>> Intro and a few basic things for people who have spent 3 - 5 years doing
>>> Windows stuff, so know a bit about computing and IT in an organisation -
>>> but need that initial handholding to get into linux.
>>>
>> I just sent this to a customer keen on getting to grips with Linux:
>> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-lpic1-v3-map/index.html
>
> thanks that looks like a great resource.

> - KB
> --

Sorry I just saw this now, I agree that the LPIC-1 would be a good way
for a Windows admin to get into Linux. The fact that you have to pass an
exam helps reinforce things a bit, unlike going on a training course
where they will learn a few things and forget most of it a few months
down the line when they might need it.

LPIC is a multiple choice exam, so yes they might get lucky and pass it
but generally they need to install Linux and "do stuff" on it to pass it
I think.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk