[Gllug] question about python/perl

James Hawtin oolon at ankh.org
Thu Feb 24 10:55:39 UTC 2011

Personally, I decided to learn Ruby. (Ok I already know bash, c, c++ and
perl) But when looked around other languages to learn I picked from ruby,
python or php. I like the syntax of ruby the best. I find perl is rather
difficult to  keep under control in a large project. Ruby being newer I find
has a much nicer syntax to work with. While the language is great ruby gem I
find much nicer than the urban sprawal you get with cpan/perl modules, I do
thing the implementation of the language still has so way to go to make its
interpreter as good a perl's. However it is probably your least commerical
choice unless you want to learn "Ruby on Rails".

James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk