[Gllug] OT: Police Web Site

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 14:43:34 UTC 2011

On 1 February 2011 13:29, InstincT <gllug at acp-online.co.uk> wrote:
> On 01/02/2011 13:05, Mick Farmer wrote:
>>
>> Tried the service this morning.  Both my home postcode and
>> work postcode elicited the response "Sorry, we couldn't find
>> a policing area that matched your search".
>
> Could be the site is having problems: [Apologies for the Daily Mail link! -
> it is the print page]
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1352354/Police-crime-map-website-crashes-75-000-people-MINUTE-log-on.html?printingPage=true
>
>> Has anyone had better luck?
>
> At guessing the url ;) ?

I think the best way to test this is to commit a crime, and then check
the web site is displaying it properly.
You can then complain as to the unfair nature of the site, in that it
shows your next door neighbors crimes but not yours!!!!

Note: To legally protect myself. This is a joke, and I do not
recommend that people to carry out crimes.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk