[Gllug] Multi-voltage power adaptors

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Mon Feb 7 11:31:29 UTC 2011

On Mon 07 Feb, dominicwalden at tesco.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite 4080XCDT (for £15 bought as shown) without a
> power adaptor. It didn't power up when someone tested it for me, but I'd need to get m
> y own adaptor in order to diagnose what the problem is.

   A dedicated power adaptor is more likely to be correct. Switched voltage
types may not be too accurate and could over or under charge the battery.
You may get a good deal at www.1stcomponents.com in Park Royal.
   Unfortunately the symptoms can also indicate a genuine fault, anything
from a damaged connector to a motherboard fault, commonly due to a graphics
chip overheating and unsoldering itself. There is a non-refundable charge
for diagnostics, but they are able to complete a repair in the majority of
cases.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk