[Gllug] Questionnaire - "The motivations of developers who participate in OS projects"

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Jul 1 12:24:30 UTC 2011

On 1 Jul 2011, salsaman at xs4all.nl verbalised:

> On Fri, July 1, 2011 12:09, Nix wrote:
>> RMS has already launched this rocket. You don't need to keep annoying
>> the poor sod.
>
> Once RMS has corrected you *in person*, you tend never to make the mistake
> again. At least that is true in my case :-P

RMS was... less than sensible here, demanding controls on how the
academic's results were used if *any* data from *any* Emacs developers
was used in the project. Some other Emacs developers disagreed, rather
vehemently, the XEmacs developers helped out by pointing out just how
unlikely a demand from a survey participant to control the resulting
study was to be accepted, and the inevitable flamewar started.

--
NULL && (void)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk