[Gllug] One Virtual desktop across two laptops?

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 16:47:20 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 04:45:33PM +0100, tid wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've just been given an old laptop and am wondering if there's a way to to
> extend a virtual desktop on my current laptop
> onto it?

It depends what is running on them and how closely linked you want
them to be.

You could run a VNC server on one machines to view that in a window,
or use x11vnc to export an existing X11 session.

Or if you want them to appear like two parts of the same display
then you could try something like x2x or x2vnc.