[Gllug] Not installing stuff.

Andy Smith andy at strugglers.net
Wed Jun 1 23:21:46 UTC 2011

Hello Roger,

On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 08:05:39PM +0100, general_email at technicalbloke.com wrote:
> The reason I do not want the above is that I have my own custom mail
> server running on port 25, this is a very simple program with almost no
> privileges that can only email one email address (mine). I really don't
> want a full mail server on the box - less is more after all!

Others have explained why apticron wants to install a mail server.

If you do not want to use a packaged mail server then you would
probably be best off in the long run looking into making a Debian
package of your own MTA, so that you can tell your system that it
does in fact have an MTA.

That way, other packages which also have this kind of dependency
will be satisfied.

Cheers,
Andy