[Gllug] Open University Linux Introduction course T155

Steve Parker steve at steve-parker.org
Tue Mar 29 00:56:44 UTC 2011

On 28/03/11 23:10, Chris Bell wrote:
> Hello,
>     I see that the Open university are offering a course for beginners,
>
> http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/course/t155.htm

"The course is designed to be studied over a ten-week period, with
approximately ten hours of study a week."

I'm not too familiar with the certification, but 100 hours from zero to
CompTIA+ certified seems a bit of a challenge. If it is possible for a
significant percentage of candidates, then it suggests that the cert is
not worth much. Also, do beginners need certification?

--
Steve Parker
Shell Scripting Recipes

steve at steve-parker.org