[Gllug] Raspberry Pi

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Tue May 10 15:07:26 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 4:01 PM, John Hearns <hearnsj at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I guess something like this should also have a serial port - then
> again todays yoof would probably laugh at you if
> you sat them in front of a serial terminal.

More worryingly, today's yoof will be running the datacentres of
tomorrow, and will give you strange looks when you ask for a serial
console for your hosted server. This is already happening. At the
moment, there are still plenty of alternative suppliers if your
hosting company does that, but I fear that won't be true for much
longer.

Tet

--
"Any sufficiently advanced financial instrument is indistinguishable from fraud"
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk