[Gllug] Apple Ipod Help

James Roberts j.roberts at stabilys.com
Mon May 16 07:35:18 UTC 2011

On 15/05/11 23:12, Nix wrote:
> ...my iPod ... only classifies based on
> artist/album/song, which is great if all you have is popular music, but
> e.g. I have three recordings of the Goldberg Variations, two played by
> Glenn Gould, one played by someone else. The iPod ...  certainly cannot
> differentiate between multiple performances of the same work. As far
> as I could tell the latest you put on the machine overwrote all the
> others.

Too true. My wife has an iPod Shuffle (2) which I gave her, which had
been given to me by my sister, who had received it as a gift from her
husband. She's a Mac user, and *still* could not find any way to get it
to handle 'classical' (and jazz) music in any coherent or useful manner.

Nor can I. Nor can my wife! It's the most useless piece of design, really.

 > while I'd find it much more inconvenient to have to find a stock of
 > AAA batteries than to charge my player

There's room for all approaches, no doubt. I am rarely far form a
charging point nowadays, but if one rides bicycles (or sails
dinghys/windsurfers?) for long distances I can see the attraction of the
humble AAA.

(But do you really need the Goldberg by anyone other than Gould? :)

--
Stabilys Ltd		www.stabilys.com
244 Kilburn Lane

0845 838 5370