[Gllug] App development for children

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Sun May 29 17:30:10 UTC 2011

On 20/05/11 06:51, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-05-19 at 20:20 +0100, Chris Bell wrote:
>
>>    I have visited BETT almost every year, and get the impression that most
>> of the "teaching software packages" are now web based, so should not care
>> about the OS.
>
> Exactly so.  However, you have to consider that a huge majority of
> people still think that the big blue "e" on their desktop IS "the
> internet", and that most of those packages are built only to render
> correctly with that particularly broken browser.
>
> C.
>
> --

I have to say that is changing. Three or four years ago I regularly had
to explain what a web browser was to my clients (when persuading them
they ought to run firefox). These days people seem to have a better
idea. I think a large part of it is their kids telling them about
Firefox and also all the marketing Google have done for Chrome.

Roger
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk