[Gllug] matching strings in python

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Sun Oct 2 09:29:53 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 02, 2011 at 10:05:57AM +0100, dudes dudes wrote:

> thanks Ted :)
> I've only sent a small part of the code and removed parts not needed to be shown.
> You could've just ignored my email rather been rude :)

He's trying to tell you that your code will not run, and for
reasons that have nothing to do with what you think is wrong.

Have you even tried to run that section of code through python?

If you try your code one step at a time, you'll find that even
your open line has a bug (missing quotes around r):
	http://docs.python.org/library/functions.html#open

You should also fix how you read in the contents of the file:
	http://docs.python.org/library/stdtypes.html#file-objects

Then when you've fixed those you can read about the python re
module here:
	http://docs.python.org/library/re.html
	http://docs.python.org/howto/regex.html#regex-howto