[Gllug] GConfd

Sanatan Rai sanatan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 21:11:53 UTC 2011

On 24 September 2011 19:36, Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> wrote:
> On 21 Sep 2011, Sanatan Rai spake thusly:
>
> Yeah :) the idea of Enlightenment being seen as the trim one still
> surprises me a bit, but then it's been focused on embedded stuff for ten
> years while GNOME and KDE have been putting on more and more weight.
>
> I am definitely looking at enlightenment. If it has a decent tabbed
> terminal emulator with UTF-8 support I might well switch... my real
> working environment is Emacs anyway.

  I can't say am absolutely and completely satisfied with enlightenment: mouse
focus is still not quite what I want, among other things.

I use mrxvt for terminal emulation. However, hough UTF-8 support is
lacking. Still, take a look at:

http://ramenlabs.com/2010/02/25/taming-the-unicode-terminal/

for getting some sort of UTF-8 support with mrxvt.

Funny thing is, until 2005 I was happy with the state of browsers
and desktops/window managers in  Linux, and now I think they
all suck. Emacs still rules though.

--Sanatan

--
Sanatan Rai