[Gllug] Filesystem available to both windows and linux

tid td at bloogaloo.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 20:03:16 UTC 2012

Hi Tim,

The Windows and Linux machines are used for a mixture of web frontends
(apache ) and transcoding - ffmpeg for linux and some antiquated
commercial software on windows. They pass information between
themselves about file paths on the Infortrend. I'm keen to move away
from a single iSCSI target but nervous about drbd, due to a previous
finger-burning exercise, but will look into ocfs2 & gfs2 - Any ideas
on likely costs? I notice I have to talk nicely to RedHat for gfs2...

Anyone else using these in anger?

Tid

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk