[GLLUG] Fibre broadband

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 09:34:55 UTC 2012

On 12/21/2012 08:34 AM, Simon Wilcox wrote:

> On 20/12/2012 23:57, Charles Flèche wrote:
>> I'm looking for a computer enthusiast-friendly
>> connection as I'm going to host my own servers.
>
> I'm happy with Zen but they do have a data cap.
>
> I'm sure you're aware of this but do check the terms and conditions as
> many ISPs explicitly prohibit running your own servers. You may find you
> get cut off, or traffic shaped, if they decide you're uploading too much.
>
> I'm super happy with my download speed now, 67Mbps :-)

I'm using BT "Infinity" & running a couple of servers & I've had no
interference from them at all. No chance of a static IP from them unless
I upgrade to the business package but it's not worth the extra layout in
my eyes. The home package (Option 2, I think), is really, really cheap.

I generally get 70 down & 15 up & I've never experienced a data cap.
Bandwidth does get throttled somewhat between 18:00 -> 21:00 but it's
negligible.

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical,