[GLLUG] Skype

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Fri Aug 2 04:48:43 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-08-02 at 00:30 +0100, John G Walker wrote:
> Are there any problems running Skype on a Linux PC or does it just work?

It "just works".  The client is (usually) one version behind the one for
that common proprietary OS, but it works OK. It's quite surprisingly
resource-hungry - that's probably the streams of your data going to
Langley and GCHQ!

Google's G+ service works rather better than Skype, and certainly
consumes much less of your machine.  I find it runs much better on lower
specification devices like Android phones and my netbooks.

C.