[GLLUG] Getting CUPS to auto-resume

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu Dec 19 17:16:53 UTC 2013

On 19/12/13 16:12, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
[snip]
> I have never seen this behaviour.
> With my printer connected to a Linux machine via CUPS does the following:
> 1) Printer indicates that it has run out of paper.
> 2) Add new paper.
> 3) Printer just continues on. No interaction with CUPS needed.

Good point.  That is the behaviour which I observe on my own printer
also.  There is therefore something else which he is doing which causes
the printer to get paused (or it may just be because it's a weird
Samsung printer with its own CUPS driver).

Whatever he's doing, it would be nice to be able to tell CUPS not to
auto-pause the printer.

John