[GLLUG] Broadband: Bethere -> Sky

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Apr 8 14:45:39 UTC 2014

On 04/07/2014 08:25 PM, Christopher Hunter wrote:

> I'd been with BeThere since they started, and the Sky "deal" I was
> offered was derisory.  They also couldn't make any speed or contention
> estimates, so I went to BT Infinity 2.  Service is actually surprisingly
> good (I even got an installer with a clue!), and circumventing their DNS
> abuses is easy (which I do as a matter of principle rather than to get
> to anything "dodgy").  Their price is pretty good, and the data rates
> are quite remarkable.  I'm over 400m from the cabinet, but still get in
> the region of 135 Mb/s down and over 42 Mb/s up.  Their default wireless
> set-up tries to steal some of your bandwidth for "BT Wi-Fi", and this
> cannot be disabled in their current router, so I replaced their effort
> with a Draytek box and a couple of cheap TP-Link wireless access points,
> and get great results.

I cant wait to get off - but bethere has so far given me the best
possible speeds on my line ( 2.5mbps on their adsl2+ ) BT claim a max
speed of 2mbps. the local exchange is Accepting Orders on fttc, but the
cabinet we are on, isnt even in the plan for an upgrade.

where are those internet service drones going to be flying ??

--
Karanbir Singh