[GLLUG] OpenWRT/DD-WRT talk @ London Hackspace Linux User Group

Andrea Campanella emuboy85 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 10:48:30 UTC 2015

Hello everyone.

I just want to let you know we are bootstrapping a new LUG in London:
The London Hackspace Linux User Group (LHSLUG)

The 16th from 19:30 till late we are going to have a meeting at the London
Hack Space (https://london.hackspace.org.uk ), everyone is invited,
membership is not needed (just knock the door and ask for the Linux User
Group)

Come along with your Laptops for *Nix chat.

This week Andrea Campanella will be speaking about DD-WRT and Open WRT.

DD WRT and Open WRT are Linux distributions for your router. Like other
Linux distributions, they offers a built-in package manager that allows you
to install packages from a software repository. They can be used for
anything that an embedded Linux system can be used for, including
functioning as an SSH server, VPN,  traffic-shaping system, or even a
BitTorrent client.

Bring your old routers and we'll see if we can start running your own
Distro's on them!

More info :

https://www.facebook.com/LHSLUG
https://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Group:London_Hackspace_Linux_User_Group