[GLLUG] USB drive caddy?

Jan Henkins jan at henkins.za.net
Mon Jul 25 17:59:23 UTC 2016

Hello Sharon,

It seems to me that you want to access these drives on an ad-hoc basis, so surely you want an adapter rather than an enclosure? If this is the case, then I would recommend an adapter from StarTech, which you can find on places like Amazon by searching for "StarTech.com USB 3.0 to SATA or IDE Hard Drive Adapter" or something similar. While I cannot recommend a specific piece of hardware (my model isn't in production any more), pretty much everything I have bought in the past by StarTech just worked, and in some cases still works.

Regards,
Jan Henkins