[GLLUG] nginx oops!

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sun Nov 29 13:19:10 UTC 2020

On 29/11/2020 13:13, MJ wrote:
> Thank you John. I am humbled. I purposely did not include all info.
> domain:
> pod.non-mundane.org
> IP serving it:
> 209.93.50.226

Please keep the conversation on the list.

Interesting effect.  As you say, accessing the IP address gives the
default Nginx page whilst going for the domain name gives a 502 error
generated by Nginx.

john at knight:~$ host pod.non-mundane.org
pod.non-mundane.org has address 209.93.50.226
john at knight:~$

The two match, so there must be some host-name specific configuration in
your Nginx setup.

Let's see the contents of any files which you have put (or put symbolic
links to) in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/.

John

--
Xronos Scheduler - https://xronos.uk/
All your school's schedule information in one place.