[GLLUG] irssi and ssl

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Mon Nov 15 20:51:36 UTC 2021

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 08:47:23PM +0000, John Winters via GLLUG wrote:

>Even more unusual if it's A&A.
>
>Although IRC isn't an officially supported service, they are often
>willing to answer queries through side channels.  You could try asking
>them about it on IRC.  Oh no, hang on...

Hi,

About a year ago I emailed their support. I receieved a reply later from someone says he had downloaded irssi and spent half an hour trying to get it to work but ended up bored with it. He asked me to use a different client...

I have never had a need to connect to any other network with ssl, but I take it this is un-unusual then.

Regards,
Henrik Morsing