[GLLUG] adroid alternative

Alain D D Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Sat Apr 16 19:45:03 UTC 2022

On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 08:13:03PM +0100, Tim Clarke wrote:
> HI Alain
> I may be totally wrong, but I assume whatever OS is installed
> on a phone has to be compiled and linked to run on the chipset
> in the phone.
> Pretty sure you are either asking the impossible or for a huge
> amount of work !

I would no do it if that were the case. There are some that can be installed on
'phones and some 'phones are designed to make it easy. The reading that I had
done talked about 'beta' & did not really say how complete things were.

What I was really asking for was stories of practical experience. Ie what
really works and what does not; battery life, etc. I don't mind a bit of
fiddling but I do want a 'phone that works as a 'phone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PinePhone

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  https://www.phcomp.co.uk/