[GLLUG] Direct Fibre To The House

John Hearns hearnsj at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 10:40:04 UTC 2022

I have Hyperoptic. They are superb.
They originally only worked with apartment blocks - I believe this is no
longer so.
In our block they have a rack high up on a wall downstairs and every
apartment has a CAT5 line run up to it.
I don't know exactly what is in the rack. Hyperoptic depend on BT fibre for
the link to the internet, I don;t know where this terminates.

I have a fixed IPV4 address which costs me a fiver a month, and take their
VOIP service wish is a darned sight cheaper than BT line rental.