[GLLUG] RAM testing question

Marco van Beek mvanbeek at supporting-role.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 10:36:12 UTC 2022

Hi,

Does anyone know of a multi-type RAM test card / box? I have a load of
RAM that has been pulled out of boxes over the years, and is probably
all good, but short of finding a motherboard of the right match for each
type of RAM, and then running MemTest, I have no idea.

I have found various adapter cards like DDR2 to DDR3 and so on, but what
I am really after was some sort of external box with a load of DDR
sockets which plugs into some sort of internal PCI card or USB port.

Does anyone know of such a device, or a name / better description I
could use to search for one?

Cheers,

Marco

--