[GLLUG] Read only?

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Tue May 24 10:51:44 UTC 2022

On Monday, 23 May 2022 23:05:28 BST Carles Pina i Estany via GLLUG wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Try hdparm -r 0 [device] before partitioning.
>
> Cheers,

Thanks, I think that has worked before, but this time it appears to have
actually died. I have now twice tried the above command for the whole device
and each partition separately, followed by fdisk, then mkfs for a single
partition, then an attempt to dd fresh data to the device, and it still shows
the original two partitions and the original data. None of the above showed
any error message, all appeared normal. I will try again later using a laptop
which has a known working internal SD card reader rather than a USB plug-in.

--
Chris Bell
Website chrisbell.org.uk