[GLLUG] Replacement disk in RAID

Peter Grant grantpe at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 07:49:55 UTC 2023

I'd say not to replace A yet, but expect to soon. The theory I've heard
(and like, based on one experience) is that having disks of different ages
(even different manufacturers) tends to increase the likelihood of failures
at different times.

For HDD/SSD, if this is as bulk storage, is speed a particular concern? HDD
still gives best value for space if you're more interested in space than
speed.