[GLLUG] Using sftp with debian and KDE

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Wed Sep 20 11:42:12 UTC 2023

Hello,
My main box is still using debian 11. I have been using ftp / sftp for many
years to transfer files between boxes connected via my own local networks,
usually using KDE "konqueror" because firefox has tended to complain. I have
recently found that both are now blocked, and konqueror claims that I have
aborted the attempt and refuses to retry. I have also discovered that duck-
duck-go now jumps in uninvited.
I run dnsmasq on a local router, and bind9 is running on the same local
network.
I have also tested using boxes that have been re-installed with debian 12 and
KDE, and they are showing the same problem.
All are happy to connect using SSH. I also need to connect to other legitimate
sites such as my remote server.
Can someone please explain what is going on?
--
Chris Bell
www.chrisbell.org.uk