[GLLUG] Sound off resume resume from suspend.

James Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 23:05:11 UTC 2024

On ubuntu put an extra script in /lib/systemd/system-sleep

Look at other files already in there for a guide as to how to write them.
e.g. create a new file in /lib/systemd/system-sleep:

#!/bin/sh

PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin

case "$1" in
    pre)    whoami >>/tmp/tt3
        exit 0
        ;;
    post)    whoami >>/tmp/tt3
        exit 0
        ;;
     *)    exit 1
        ;;
esac

The problem with doing something with amixer is that when you run
amixer, you need to be your user, but the script is run as root so it
won't work.
You could run in under sudo for your user name, but it will not work
if you are logged in as any other user at suspend time.